Practical information for planning a hike or rabaska outing
Wear long pants and closed shoes to prevent tick or mosquito bites. You must dress according to the weather forecast or to be ready for some variations during the day :
- A long sleeve shirt
- A windproof or waterproof coat
- A hat
- Closed shoes or well attached sandals (no tongs)
- Rain boots
It is recommended to have the shoulders covered to prevent sunburn.
What should I bring
- Insect repellent
- A hat
- Water (Lots of water, the water on the reserve is not drinkable)
- Some snacks and your lunch (food not sold on the site)
- A backpack for your stuff
- COMPLETED Risk Acceptance Form for each participant
Dogs are admitted on the trails of the National Wildlife area of Lake Saint-François. They must be on a leash, all the time, and the owners are responsible for picking up what they leave behind them. However, the marsh and its meanders are a place of conservation of different water birds who are nesting in this area. Dogs are not allowed on the water in the Reserve because they could scare the species of this ecosystem.